Thursday, October 1, 2009

I don't know anything about video games

Seriously, don't listen to me. I'm not a professional video game designer. I'm not a game critic. I've never been paid to do anything remotely related to video games. I haven't even made any youtube videos reviewing bad classic games or critiquing new smash hits. I'm just some guy with an opinion. I have no more god-given right to have a platform for my opinion than any of the other millions of semi-literate internet users, including you.

And boy do I have opinions. I'm creating this 'blog' thing for no other reason than to have a place to organize my myriad of opinions on the game design industry. "Why the video game industry and not politics, movies, space travel, books, or the intricate world of goats and the milking thereof", I hear you ask.

Well, because one day I hope to work in the game design industry, and I'll be damned if I can't at least vent, rage, and grandstand about how it would be a perfect utopia of design if I ran things.

But seriously, I know nothing about video games.

_______________________________________________
Like this post? Please digg it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who The Hell Do I Think I Am?

Austin, Texas, United States
I've played games since my brother got an NES in the late 80s, and I'll play them until I'm a crusty old man. My opinions are based on those 20 years of experiences, and my own ambitions as a game artist and writer.